Monday, January 16, 2017

typography - What's the centered fluffy art piece called in an article?


thing



I know this, but I can't recollect at all.


What is this thing called?


They are usually centered in a book or writing and I'm certain they have a name but I can't remember for the life of me. They also come in all shapes, colors and sizes.



Answer



Flourish, Filigree, or Ornament are common terms.


Usage doesn't generally change the name. Simply because it's been used by the book designer to separate content, there's no special term I'm aware of for that specific type of usage.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...