Thursday, January 26, 2017

publishing - Is it better to save each chapter in a separate word document or all in one document?


I'm new here.


In the past, I've written countless articles for newspapers, and I almost never needed to edit more than a page or two. However, I have agreed to edit an entire (existing) novel for its second edition/re-print.


I'm planning to use MS Word for this.


Is it better to re-write/edit each chapter in a separate word document or is it better to save everything to one file?


I plan on editing 1-2 chapters per day, which roughly equals 10-12 pages. There's a total of 502 pages in the book.


Thanks in advance for your help and advice.


PS: The book will be available in both paper and electronic formats.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...