Tuesday, January 31, 2017

How to find complementary colors


I often find myself trying to determine which colour is the "complementary" one of (or would nicely fit with) two colours imposed by the client brand. At times, only one colour is imposed, and I want to find two colours that would fit it.


Is there a quick and easy way to figure it out?



Answer



There is a wealth of tools out there. If you use Illustrator, it has a colour guide option (other SW might have similar options):


enter image description here


enter image description here


Of online tools there are loads. Here are but a few:


Adobe Kuler


Color scheme designer



mudcube


Color Hexa


You can also find user-created colour schemes:


Color lovers


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...