Tuesday, July 3, 2018

website design - Testing web site accessibility for blind


As a sighted person who does not know any blind people, how can I test that a web page will work reasonably on either screen reader or Braille terminal?


There is various advice what to use and not use to have accessible web site. But what I'd prefer is loading it into something restricted similarly to Braille terminal or screen reader and try it out.


The real thing is not too suitable because I can't read Braille and while I do hear, so I could try using real aural interface, I suspect some things will appear difficult for me that will be fine for actual blind person because they are used to the aural interface and I am not.



So are there any methods for emulating the capabilities of Braille terminal and/or screen reader?


I was thinking something like elinks on a 80x2 terminal? Is there some information about what might be used with Braille terminals?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...