Sunday, October 21, 2018

adobe illustrator - How to export logo to be used in Word



I have finished my artwork in Illustrator. It is a logo for my company. It is a horizontal rectangle. I am ready for exporting it so I can use it as part of the header in my Word template. I have got some questions to the process.


Currently the document is 512 x 512 points. However the logo is a rectangular shape, it is placed in the center. Should I create another document with the exact dimensions of the shape so there are no space on the sides before exporting?


And should I export it as a PDF and use that in the Word template? Or as PNG?


I tried exporting the logo as a 512 x 512 point PDF (with no background) but when I open it in Word it shows with the spaces on the side. So how would I deal with this the correct way?



Answer



Microsoft applications really prefer RGB files.


Customarily I save/export as a PNG24 at fairly large dimensions (wxh) for Word. Then reduce to desired size within Word.


You can try exporting a WMF, or even saving as an EPS from Illustrator. But in my experience, these formats all cause issues eventually even though Microsoft states they are supported formats. I would never really expect a PDF to be usable for Word.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...