Wednesday, October 31, 2018

user research - When to use data driven personas and when to make them up?


I'm studying HCI and the focus for persona creation on my course is resolutely that personas should be derived from user research data. I also attended adaptive path's uxintensive last year and the user research day was also in this camp. However recently I have had a few conversations with people who seem to suggest that its ok to 'make them up'.


Does anyone have any guidence as to when's best to go with whichever technique - or does it simply come down to budget and time constriants?





No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...