Saturday, October 13, 2018

options - Question on OptionMetrics: when are adjustments for discrete dividends needed?


Bakshi et. al. (1997) analyzes the empirical performance of some alternative option pricing models. I am interested to do this as well - hence applying different models - but I am unsure how to handle the OptionMetrics data.


Something that stood out from the article for instance is that they adjust the spot stock price for discrete dividends of European call options. My first question is then immediately, when does this need to be done? And does anybody knows whether OptionMetrics does this automatically. Also which other adjustments (beside the filters) are needed? How can I know which adjustments need to be done and is there any documentation on this?


Additionally, does anybody know a good guide on starting to work with OptionMetrics (i.e. what to watch out for and how to handle the data). Thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...