Monday, October 15, 2018

adobe photoshop - Automating Export Layers to Files


I have many .psd files that each contain 2+ layers that I need to export as layers. For a single psd fileD I can use:


File > Scripts > Export Layers To Files ...


However if I use this script (in a droplet) I have to hard-code the destination folder and File Name Prefix. This is no good as many of the .psd files contain layers with the same names, so they would overwrite each other and I need each file to be prefixed by the .psd name. So a layer called text_1 from a .psd file called doc_1 would be called doc_1_text_1, and a layer called text_1 from a .psd file called doc_2 would be called doc_2_text_1 or something similar.


Is there any way I can do this? I'm happy to hard-code the destination folder, but I need the script to use whatever the name of the .psd file is for the prefix.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...