Monday, October 22, 2018

How to put a 'gap' between pages in a spread in Indesign


(sort of step 2 for this question but also technically a new question in its own right)


I have 4 pages side by side in a spread and i would like to put a small gap between them, to simulate how they will be pinned up on the wall. At the moment the pages touch edge to edge.


Is it possible to have these pages side by side but with a gap between them?


again; using Indesign CS5




Answer



I know this answer is super late, and I doubt anyone will see it. But I've just figured out how to do this, so I thought I'd share.


If I'm understanding you correctly, here are the steps:



  1. Select the Page Tool (third from the top of the toolbar)

  2. Select one of your pages on the artboard

  3. Check the "Objects Move with Page" box at the top of the screen

  4. Click and drag that page away from the others


It may be too late for you, but maybe this will help someone else. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...