Wednesday, October 3, 2018

adobe photoshop - Why are my printed colors duller than expected?


Basically, I've designed a booklet on Photoshop CC. It's an informational booklet so it's quite vibrant with lots of colours and pictures in it.


I've finished it and exported all the files into PDF format. Upon doing this, the PDF's are much "duller" for use of a better word. Now I'm not a designer and the whole thing was a learning process but now I'm reading about CMYK and RGB colour models and conversions etc. I designed the whole thing RGB (because CMYK looked duller obviously. The PDF's aren't disastrous, red is still red, black is still black but it's nowhere near as visually appealing anymore.


Is this just because of the monitor and the models each program uses or when I send my brochure to be printed, am I doomed for a much duller booklet? There's obviously a way around it otherwise all print would be dull.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...