Sunday, October 14, 2018

animation - Is perpetually animating a button an acceptable method for indicating that it has been activated?


I work alongside a client and another designer. We currently have menus that open via button taps. After tapping the buttons, the client and other designer have decided that said buttons should animate continually on-screen to show they have been activated.


I am of the opinion that this will draw the user's eye and perception of the next stage in flow to the button, and I think that highlighting the button by giving it a surround, or changing its colours to stand out, etc, would be subtler but far less intrusive and give the same information.


I am happy to be wrong in this case to benefit my UX learning, so are any of you aware of any precedent where an animation (bouncing like a loading MacOS app in this case) is used to show an activated element successfully?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...