Monday, July 29, 2019

adobe illustrator - Logo construction (grid?)



I'm trying to figure out how this logo was constructed but I can't make sense of the highlighted (in pink) circles... Can anyone tell me how that was made? I'm looking for an Adobe Illustrator solution, please!!


Logo


Notice that, in fact, what I really want to know is how to align the shapes in the manner of the image shown (left side). I think this could be a particular approach in Design because I've seen it in other logos and icons, but my concern here is with the technical aspect of alignment in Adobe Illustrator.



Answer



Something like this.




  1. draw line from opposite small circle to line large circle intersection.





  2. Rotate copy of that line vertical




  3. Make a support snapping line horizontal to the rotated lines end




  4. draw circle form construction line crossing to support line




  5. mirror, cleanup





enter image description here


Alternate construction strategy.



  1. Enable grid

  2. draw a 3 units wide/high circle

  3. draw a 1 unit wide/high circle

  4. draw a 2 unit wide circle



  5. move the circles so the t the 3/1 unit circles share center and center of 2 unit circle is on edge of 1 unit circle


    enter image description here


    Image 2: Circle construction




  6. Rotate entire thing 45 degrees (this helps you optimize point count)



  7. duplicate a 45 degree turn copy of 2 unit circle.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...