Tuesday, July 30, 2019

fx - Forex Market Timezones


I need to store OHLC data from the Forex Market. I live in the UK which is presently in British Summer Time +1. The Forex Market EST, which is normally -5 from GMT. I'm not sure how Eastern Daylight time Affects things.


I want to store the data in a format that is consistent across timezones etc and also to know when the daily trading session starts and ends.



This has got me totally confused: http://www.forex-market-hours.net/


There's a two hour difference between the EST times for summer and winter and a one hour difference between the GMT times...


Can anyone explain how I can store the data in a time-zone independent format and work out the session start time?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...