Sunday, July 21, 2019

gimp - How to fade an image inward from the edges without loss


Using GIMP, I wish to fade an image inward from the edges, blending it with the neutral (white) background.



I have tried numerous things including feather edges, blur and Gaussian blur, but none of them produces a good result. Specifically, they all appear to blend the image outward or in both directions. I wish to fade the image inward from the edges, and without loss.


A tedious manual technique that I believe might work would be to:



  1. select the background

  2. grow the selection by 1 pixel

  3. adjust the brightness, then

  4. repeat 2. and 3. as many times as necessary


However, it strikes me that there is probably a tool that performs the same function.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...