Thursday, December 11, 2014

career development - How do you describe what you do?


When meeting new people, I'm often asked about my job. However, I've found that outside (and to an extent, within) the app and web development industry, UX is still rather new and not understood.


If the person isn't a related field, I'll usually just say 'I design websites'. I don't like doing this (nothing against web designers!) because I don't feel it describes what I do; but find it really difficult to quickly explain in a nutshell what UX design means and requires.


I guess what I'm looking for is a good shorthand description or analogy for UX design.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...