Sunday, December 21, 2014

forms - "Find" or "Search" to display a list of results


Before displaying a table of results on a page I first require the user to select some options from some dropdowns.



I have a button after the dropdowns which when clicked/tapped will work out which results to show in the table based on their dropdown choices.


I want to know what to call this button when the user first comes to the page. i.e. when there is no table displayed and they haven't clicked it yet. Should it say "Find", "Search", something else?


And then after they have displayed this table and they change the dropdown choices should the button say "Update Results", or stay the same?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...