Sunday, December 14, 2014

usability of search form




I have been asked to review a search form


enter image description here


This is the default view for a search engine on a web application.


This approach is more like an advanced search and it jars with me. I am told that this is a common user behaviour for when the search must be very accurately controlled. But I am of the opinion that the search engine's algorithm must be terrible if the user is forced into this form!


My question: are multi field search forms like this ever used in the place of a singular search box and if so, are there any examples where this kind of complex search is preferable to a single search box?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...