Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Font with transparent holes-fill in and outline in illustrator


I'm using a font called Nashville. I want to outline only the most outside of the paths. If I try to use the outline tool, it outlines all of the small holes in the font, too. I want to fill in the holes in the font and then outline the most outside paths.


Somehow I got this to work on on block of text, but can't remember how I did it. I used some combination of Outlines, Expand, and Flatten Transparencies.


Font-no outlines


have


Font-how I want it to look


desired


Also, is there a way to round the edges of the outline so it's not so spikey?



Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...