Wednesday, December 10, 2014

interest rates - Bond-price dynamics in the Vasicek model


Hello I am studying about interest rate modeling


There is one good source about Vasicek (link: https://web.mst.edu/~bohner/fim-10/fim-chap4.pdf). However there is one equation that I try but unable to replicate which is:


$dP(t,T) = r(t)P(t,t)dt - \sigma B(t,T)P(t,T)dW(t)$


This equation on 2nd page (or page 18th according to document paging). It locates about 1/3 page top down. Anyone understand how we get this one? What border me is why there is $B(t,T)$ appear. I tried but unable to obtain that result.


Besides, the side question is why in interest rate stochastics process it is always express under risk neutral $\mathbb{Q}$ why a traditional stock price S is often expressed in $\mathbb{P}$


Thank you so much




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...