Sunday, December 21, 2014

fiction - How long can a prologue be, and what should you not do?


A while back I wrote a prologue about the beginning of time and space and all that. One thing I noticed later is that between the prologue and the story itself, the prologue ate out the chapters not leaving much for me to write out for the actual start. I did some backtracking but the point where I want to end the prologue and begin chapter 1 puts me in a bind. I'm pretty sure its at 18k now.


Question: Exactly how long can a prologue be and what should I not do?



Sidetracked: When introducing a story, would a prologue be best for those with historical and adventure genres?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...