Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Removing One Part Of A Stroke On A Rectangle In Illustrator CS5



Is it possible to remove on side of a stroke on a rectangle?


Let's say you have a rectangle with a stroke all the way around it and I want one end of the rectangle to be 'open' and take the stroke off. I've tried searching but there doesn't seem to be a concise explanation if it can actually be done. I know I can make clipping masks and minus front and all that but I was wondering if there's a simple solution. Let me know if you need more details.


Thanks.



Answer



Delete the line connecting the 2 anchor points on either end of the "strokeless" side. It will leave an open shape, but shouldn't cause any major issues. The stroke won't be applied to the open edge.


The other approach is to expand the stroke as a separate object and modify it separately from the fill object.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...