Saturday, December 13, 2014

interaction design - Cool/heat and sun/snowflake display on A/C and other machines


This question has been bugging me for years. I remembered it when I read this: Toilet flush buttons


In A/C most of the times is easy. Generally there is a snowflake for cooling mode and a sun for heat mode, or simply selecting the temperature:



enter image description here


But in some A/C and particularly other machines (like the heater) is not so easy or intuitive, at least when there is only icons without text. So you don't know if there is a sun for the summer mode or it represents heating.


I haven't seen a consensus on different interfaces. It can be both ways.


What are your thoughts on the matter? Have you ever seen a good, clear design, that is really intuitive? Do you know of any standards for this?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...