Thursday, January 23, 2020

collaboration - Co-branding a book with a website


For the last several months, I've had a a professional assignment writing an ongoing series for a well-known website. It was repurposed from a book I wasn't able to sell to a publisher. It's been well-received as a series, so I'm thinking about working up a new proposal for a reworked version of the original book, and shopping it around to publishers again.


It occurs to me it might be a win-win if I could convince the website to co-brand it as "presented" by them. So, it would be the same book, but I'd include some of their branding on the cover, etc. Does anyone have any experience with anything like this? Would I owe them a flat fee, or a percentage, or would that all be a negotiation?


Note: The website only owns first rights, I still have copyright over the source material --which I would probably rewrite in any case.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...