Friday, January 31, 2020

transparency - Can I change the default Gimp transparent background to white?


I'm using Gimp 2. The default grid-style transparent background makes it incredibly difficult to get a sense of what the image will actually look like, when I finally display it over a background. Is there a way I can make the transparent background display as something other than the default grid, for example as a simple white background?



Answer



Yes, that would be very easy, I just opened up Gimp 2 my self and tried it out to make sure! :p Anyway, in the layers panel, right click and choose New Layer.


Screenshot


Then make sure you select White for the Layer Fill Type.


Screenshot



Now, click OK and move the new white layer to the bottom of all the current layers.


Screenshot


To change the layer color, select it and just paint it in with any color you want!


Hope this helped.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...