Wednesday, January 29, 2020

research - How do approaches for UX differ between intranets and normal websites?


I have been asked to offer advice for the development of an intranet for a large international company.


The client will be developing the intranet in Sharepoint and is keen to use a user-centric approach for its development and I have been asked a question:


"how do approaches for UX differ between intranets and normal websites"



I'm finding this quite hard to answer succinctly because its complex and nuanced. By and large the procedure will be much the same insofar as one must carry out substantive user research and develop iteratively, but I'm still having trouble with any specific differences of approach between ux of intranet vs website.


Have you developed for intranet? what were your experiences and how did they differ from developing for normal websites?


caveat: this is a general question that I have been asked lacking any real specifics




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...