Sunday, January 26, 2020

adobe illustrator - How to make rounded corners from shapes drawn with lines?



I am trying to make a shape like this:


http://121clicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/qapart4_mamiyac330.jpg


And so far in Illustrator, I've drawn this:


shape


Now, I know how to make a rectangle/square rounded. Select object, go to Effect -> Stylize -> Rounded corners...


But, when I select them all (except the rectangle) and do this process, it does nothing. Possibly because I've drawn the lines individually.


selected


Can anyone explain and/or advise a way to get them rounded?



Answer



The pen tool is going to be better rather than drawing each line individually.



However, you can take your paths and combine them into a single path by selecting them and going to:


Object → Path → Join or Right Click → Join


and then you can round that path by going to:


Effect → Stylize → Round Corners


Alternatively, once the paths are combined you can individually select the points and adjust the corners however you'd like using the pen tool.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...