Saturday, January 25, 2020

resource recommendations - What does an artist who wants to learn graphic design need to know?


There's a (very popular) question that discusses tips and resources for learning graphic design already, but it's from the perspective of programmers who want to get in the game.


I have a friend of a friend who is interested in design, but her background is in drawing and art, not design. I learn this a day before I saw the work of a person who was interested in design but had more art experience.


I realized that artistic skills can help a designer, but, as it's been discussed here, it's not necessary.


So, what are some tips and resources for an artist who wants to get into graphic design? Has anyone here taken this career path? What did you need to learn?





No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...