Wednesday, January 22, 2020

dynamic ui - Search Panel and Search Results when adding a new entry


I've screen with search panel on the left and search results on the right (results are displayed when user sets search criteria and presses "Search"). I also have 'Add Good' button on the right, which users can use to add new entry.


Consider the following scenario - A user searches for goods by setting a search criteria as follows: "GoodCategory = Boots" which yields no results. Then he adds a new good with GoodCategory=Hat. What is the best UI practice for the scenario - am I supposed to show that freshly added Hat and mark search panel as Dirty, hide Hat based on fact that it's filtered out by search criteria or something else?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...