Thursday, March 26, 2015

adobe illustrator - Is there a way to manually set DX and DY when moving anchor points?


I'm a Software Engineer willing to learn more about design stuff. I've been trying to create a logo for a project and I am stuck trying to use curved lines. When moving anchors points, I'm having trouble with positioning dX and dY because of my trackpad's lack of precision. Is there a way to manually set dX and dY position in Illustrator?


Picture Example: Can't set dY to 12px.


enter image description here




Answer



Select the point and from the top options bar:



  • To set the position just type the x or y number

  • To move it insert + or - the distance to move behind the x or y number


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...