Thursday, March 19, 2015

copyright - Is it safe to use an image when I'm unable to identify its source?


I found a photo on the internet and want to use it in my free Android app.


The problem is that I can't find the source, so I don't know if this photo is legally available for such use or not.


What is a sensible course of action when a designer wants to use a photo / graphic, but is unable to identify its source?



Answer



Try using Google's search by image to find the original.


If you are unable to find it or the copyright about using it, you should not use it in your app to be safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...