Wednesday, March 25, 2015

adobe illustrator - What does it mean when printers have told me my colour is not a Pantone colour, but in my file it is?


I've recently designed a cosmetic label for a client and I've given them the final file to have it printed at their designated printer companies.



But a few have them have come back and said that they can't print it because the colour isn't a Pantone when in fact, on my Illustrator file I clearly picked a Pantone colour because on my colour swatch, it says "Pantone 649U".


Does anyone know why they might be saying that? Is it just me or have I done my file wrongly?


I'm so positive that I've used a Pantone colour because the usual printer company I go to have managed to print it true to colour when I tested it but every time my client gets back to me about one of her printers, it's either the colour comes out so neon or it's a completely different colour or they just say they can't print it because it's "not a Pantone" colour.


If anyone could shed some light as to what I'm doing wrong, that would be great!




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...