Friday, March 13, 2015

adobe photoshop - Convert vector Smart Object layer to Shape layer


I've cut and pasted vector art from Illustrator to PhotoShop and chose "smart object" when I pasted it.



Is there a way to convert the smart object to a shape layer now so I can edit the very simple art directly in PhotoShop?



Answer



You cannot convert a Smart Object to a Shape Layer.


The best option is to double-click the Smart Object, which should open it up in Illustrator, then copy it. Jump back to Photoshop and paste it, choosing Shape Layer when the options pop up. Then delete the Smart Object if desired.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...