Tuesday, March 24, 2015

adobe photoshop - How to create a shape, in a form of two basic shapes partially substracted?


When I have a circle shape and now I substract from it a little square in the middle, what I get is a shape that looks like hollowed circle. But in fact in its paths I still have my whole shape of circle and a 'substraction path'of a shape of square. How to make it a real substracted path, so when I combine this shape with others, the substraction path doesn't affect them?


Here is more of an explanation:


1) at first I make asimple substraction on a square - notice what happens on a vector mask: it is a square and a substraction of a rectangle. It wouldnt bug me that much if not when...


paths



2) then I add another shape...


3) and finally try to merge this two into one shape.


combining paths


The substraction makes a nice Cshape with the first shape, but also messes up the other shape.


The effect I need is just a C shaped polygon that I can merge /wo ruining rest of composition, and still get the nice, resizable shape of the whole.


sorry for not inserting images, but my reputation won't let me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...