Saturday, March 21, 2015

adobe photoshop - Difference between `Ctrl + A` and `Ctrl + Click`?


I am novice to photoshop and working on converting PSD to * HTML*.


I learned that you can select a layer and Ctrl + A, and copy-paste to create a new image equal to the size of layer.


I also learned that you can copy by Ctrl + left mouse click, and copy-paste.


However I noticed that the second method is not good for copying layers with opacity. What is the difference between these two methods of copying layers?



Answer



Difference just in selection method.. at first case you select the whole artboard, at the second you select just a object on a layer (some transparency can be dropped due threshold).


The second way is good to get selection exactly like an object. It is handy in many cases. And not so when you want have just a full copy.


Btw, you can consider Ctrl / Option+J as well. It makes full duplicate of a layer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...