Sunday, March 29, 2015

adobe illustrator - How do I make scratchboard/etching effects?


I'm having a hard time grasping how to get the same brush stroke with the right proportion of space in between like in this image (Marilyn). I'm sure it wasn't free handedly drawn with a brush tool, it's well proportioned.


enter image description here


I'm trying to get the same effect so what I did was I'd trace the face with a pen tool and fill it with a line pattern (flat and angular) but the effects are not quite the same as you see in Marilyn (fine and pointed) with white specs breaking up the lines.


enter image description here


Please assist, I've tried to look up google for tutorials. Thank you!




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...