Tuesday, March 31, 2015

wording - Should words in buttons or titles start with a capital?




I am currently in the process of creating an iOS application, and I was wondering about capitalization of buttons and titles.


For example, should a button say "Add Post" or "Add post".


If I look at ux.stackexchange for example, I see buttons with the form "Ask Question" and "log in".



Answer



I believe that's a preference thing. The main thing is to be consistent with what you decide.


It could vary on what section of the app you are talking about too. For example, your buttons and titles might be Title Case capitalized, while your links might be lowercase.


Again, just be consistent within the sections that you are standardizing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...