Friday, March 6, 2015

gui design - How can I best display a blank space character?



A web app I'm writing singles out individual characters found on a traditional keyboard. I have a very limited area in which the character can be displayed (which is basically the width of a W character in the font I'm using) meaning I can't display the word "space" or "blank space".


How can I best display the blank space character?


I've tried a couple of options, but I'm not sure if these would just lead to confusion:



I suppose it's worth noting that this is purely for display purposes; the user has no interaction with the character other than acknowledging it's there when reading through the page (so I'm not asking about What character can I use to represent the space bar?).




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...