Monday, March 23, 2015

copywriting - Help or support?


I'm interested in the difference between using the words help or support when used in the context of customer help/support on a website or application.


Which would you use and why? As always any supporting information whether formal or observational would be great.



Answer




In a desktop application, I associate "help" with a built-in or online documentation system, possibly containing a search function and/or a context sensitive guidance system.


With "support" on the other hand I think of a call center, website, phone line or whatever, but always occupied by human beings that are paid by my license fee and who will listen to the problems I have with their application.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...