Tuesday, March 1, 2016

adobe illustrator - Colour difference between Ai file print and PDF file print


I am launching an online stationery business whereby I design stationery for clients who can print the products in their home or at a printers (My remote locate means that I am unable to offer the printing part at an affordable price). I have most of the suites designed already and decided to run a test print from my own printer to see what the "at home" version looks like.


When I print direct from Illustrator the print job is perfect. If I print from the PDF version the colours are all wrong. Black = grey, jade green = faded blue and so on. Why is this? It can't be anything to do with my printer as the printer is capable of printing the correct colours as demonstrated by printing direct from Illustrator.


I have tried print to PDF instead of Save to PDF. I have tried changing from ckmy to rgb (the results were no better), I have saved the pdf with a colour profile and tried saving with PDF/X‑3 and PDF/x1a but no difference.


Something appears to be happening between the conversion from the Ai file to PDF but what? Does anyone know what could be causing this issue?





No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...