Thursday, June 16, 2016

accessibility - A color wheel for the color-blind


I am working on a visualization that requires the use of color to depict angular variation. Normally, I would use the HSV system (i.e. the color wheel) for coloring according to angle, but I have not a few colleagues who are color blind, and would probably have trouble with the red and green parts of the wheel.


Has anyone ever come up with a color wheel that is suitable for the color blind? I don't need it to have the same "good" colors as the usual HSV, just that I have a continuous "circle of colors". As mentioned, I'm primarily interested in deuteranopia, but schemes for other forms of color blindness would be welcome.



Searching around to the best of my ability only turned up results on "complementary colors", but none on an actually usable wheel, so I'd be grateful for any pointers.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...