Saturday, June 25, 2016

Period, or no period, when a text message is displayed on screen


When a user interacts with a button on a website, and the buttons gives some confirmation text to let user know that the action has been performed successfully or unsuccessfully, should there be a period in the text phrase that is displayed?


For example, a user clicks "Save", and there are 3 possible text display scenarios: (assume the text appears in a place easily seen by the user, and that the user needs to know one of the three options)



  1. "Data saved"

  2. "There was no data to save"

  3. "Data was not able to be saved"


-Should there be a period in those messages? Why/why not? I couldn't decide, but I know I want to standardize with one way or the other...Thoughts?





No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...