Thursday, June 16, 2016

How to mask a layer with shapes in photoshop?


It is really hard to explain, but kind of easy to understand once you actually see what I mean.


I want to design a specific shape, and to make a layered mask "folder" and be able to add shapes into that folder that will reflect transparency to the main masked layer.


Instead of making a shape in a shape, it will mask a hole in it with the same shape. the thing is, that I know how to do it through adding all into one folder, and then using the marquee/selection tool. btu it is always croppy, and it never gives me the fine abilities that the path tool gives me.


So I want to be able to design the shapes inside, and that the final design will have the "holes" in it. so lets say i output a final logo file, and i drag it into a background-colored image, the bg color will reflect through the holes i "inverted" in the masked folder.


http://gyazo.com/01ac3a70b88789dd4fd51a3c174cd8e7 < here you can see how I manually have to color the shape, but i want to allow the freedom of just putting an image with its "holes" so it automaticaly does it http://gyazo.com/01ac3a70b88789dd4fd51a3c174cd8e7 < here you may see the shapes that I want to be cleared/masked.


I'm sorry if this sounds abit odd, i tried many online sources and i couldn't find the specific answer.


EDIT: here is what im really trying to do, but without the regular mask on the shape layer and the selection tool http://gyazo.com/013721d4996cd570b5dddc45f633dc40




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...