Thursday, June 9, 2016

terminology - What are these "dial gauges" called?


I'm in the middle of designing a dash board, and there's somewhere where we display numbers that I really would like to have this specific type of dial gauge that I've seen before online.


Image of dial guages with percentage of ring coloured


I remember seeing an open source JavaScript library for these, can someone please remind me what these are called and where I can find them?



Answer




Assuming you mean the circles with the 62% and 85%...


Doughnut Charts



A doughnut chart (also spelled donut) is functionally identical to a pie chart, with the exception of a blank center and the ability to support multiple statistics at once. Doughnut charts are superior to standard pie charts as they provide for a better data intensity ratio. For example, the blank center can be used to display additional, related data as shown in the example.


Source: Wikipedia



No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...