Sunday, June 19, 2016

Active tab state


I found myself confused today using the Adobe Reader Android application when navigating it's tab interface. I wasn't sure which tab was active becuase the active tab state was recessed and dimmed, which led me to this question.


In general, when a tab is in active state should it appear forward/brighter/more colorful and or more prominent than the others?


Also, are there some rules of thumb, for the UI treatments of Tab states.


I am not a designer so I am sure there are some better terms to describe what I am taking about.




Answer



Tabs should look like tabs, not like buttons:


Adobe Reader tab state problem


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...