Wednesday, June 29, 2016

adobe illustrator - eps file vector quality issue


I have a large vector .eps file of 8 logo samples. At 100% zoom, it is crisp and gorgeous, about 4 inches wide and 1.5 inches high on my laptop screen.


I tried object > rasterize with CMYK / 300dpi / type anti-aliasing, but lost quality and it was pasted into a new art-board at a much smaller size.


I want to save it as PNG and EPS (yes 2 files) but in a larger size, 500% zoomed for example in the original EPS file when exporting to new file, without losing any quality, especially when I downsize it and the fonts should not lose quality at all.


I'm new to Illustrator and it is different from Photoshop function wise. How do I export a PNG version at that size and quality?



Answer



They'll never really be the same quality. The EPS will scale to the resolution of any device that can render it. The PNG's resolution is fixed to whatever you output.


The question is: How will the PNG be used? On screen I hope. Identify the highest resolution device to be targeted and export to that pixel size. If you want ideal rendering on several devices, export several versions


In Illustrator:

1. open your EPS
2. scale to the pixel size you need
3. export via "Save for Web"
4. select PNG-24 for maximum quality


You can scale it up further in the SFW dialog by adjusting the "Image size" (don't forget to hit "Apply") without any quality loss. Whatever settings you provide in SFW will be rendered from the vector original.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...