Monday, November 12, 2018

adobe illustrator - Get rid of thin white lines between shape 'joins'


I've created an icon made out of basic lines/shapes in Adobe Illustrator, then make it one solid, continuous shape.


I want to use this icon as a pre-loader on a website, the idea being each 'segment' slides/fades in one-by-one. So to do this I've sliced the solid shape up so I can animate each section individually. I've done this but there are thin white lines between some of the shapes (image attached). I've checked the joins and I don't think I could get the shapes any closer together! The coordinates/points seem to be exactly the same as well.


You can see what's happening in the image below:


enter image description here


Is there away to get around this? It's really going to impact the quality/sharpness of the icon. I'm guessing I should be able to fix this somehow as I've seen plenty of more complex shapes which don't have any visible 'joins'.


Here's the source for the SVG's I'm working with:











Also the codepen where you can see the icon in a webpage:


http://codepen.io/moy/pen/yyvVZm



And how it animates (so you can see why I've broke the shape up):


http://codepen.io/anon/pen/xbYmRJ


Thanks again, hope someone can help!




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...