Wednesday, November 21, 2018

information graphics - How do I select a high-contrast color set for a map?



Obviously, black & white are the highest contrast. I also want 2 sets of colors, so that regions on the map can be colored with good contrast. For instance, one region might be red, another blue, and another green. Simultaneously, each of those regions may contain sub-regions that are cyan, yellow, and magenta. I could just pick dark versions of the 1st set and light versions of the 2nd set, but would like about 6 colors in each set. Also, simply picking colors that are numerically far apart doesn't lead to good visual contrast.


Any suggestions? (Colors are for on-screen display)




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...