Thursday, November 29, 2018

website design - Is there a free 'Helvetica Neue' alternative?


Does anyone know any other fonts similar to Helvetica Neue (free for commercial use)?


I'm working on a big website project where 'Helvetica Neue' is used heavily. I need a font that looks almost the same, is free for personal and commercial use, and looks good even when used with copytext (e.g. fontsize for copytext = 11px, for headlines = 16px).


Also there should be a condensed-font style included (if possible).



Answer



I still think that for web, the best free option out there is Liberation Sans. It renders perfectly with @font-face.


enter image description here


But you can get Helvetica Neue for web from Fonts.com for web use for a fair price too. I would probably use font-family:"Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Liberation Sans, Arial, sans-serif"; so those pcs with the font installed can see it, and those who don't have it can see a replacement.



No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...