Wednesday, November 21, 2018

adobe illustrator - How can I bend artwork by 25°?


I am doing a packaging for a client and when I received the shape of the container I found out that it should be bent by 25° and I want to know how to do that please.


One solution is to bend the final image in Photoshop, but I believe there is a way working with perspectives.


enter image description here



Answer




Use the 'Warp' feature in Illustrator (for vector artwork)



  • create your artwork inside a straight rectangle

  • group and select the artwork

  • with this selected, hit Ctrl+Shift+Alt+W which opens up the 'Warp Options' dialog (or via the menu 'Object → Envelope Distort → Make with Warp')

  • select the 'Arc' style and type '13.889%' in the 'Bend' field (25° is 13.889 percent of 180°)


enter image description here


Use the 'Warp' feature in Photoshop (for non-vector artwork)




  • group all your layers into a single Group, or merge all layers

  • Ctrl+T the resulting group or layer, right click and choose 'Warp'

  • choose 'Arc' and type '13.889%' in the 'Bend' field (which should be located right under your main menu)


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...