Saturday, November 17, 2018

navigation - Would Breadcrumbs be effective if they incorporate Dropdowns?


I'm currently thinking about adding a quite comprehensive section to a website: the section I'm talking about starts at level 3 of the overall website and itself has another four structural levels. Massive!


I cannot use or touch the horizontal nav of the website which is used for the first two levels of the website. I was looking for an alternative to a left-hand navigation which still offers high flexibility for the user.


So, my idea was to use sort of a breadcrumb navigation - though each item in the breadcrumb would be a drop down menu. Each selection in a drop list would populate the next drop down with the subpages of the selected page. As well a selection would open the corresponding page.


So, the user could use the drop downs to move forward and backward - but as well to switch categories or sub-items.



enter image description here




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...